The peace you’ll find at Si Pan Rai is unlike anywhere else. Witness the rebirth of the Mae Kampong village that was once ravaged by deforestation and the strength and perseverance of its people. Thanks to the Doi Tung development project that helped replant trees around this region, the people started growing tea which improved their quality of life. Come learn more with this insightful tour that’ll take you deep into the heart of village life.
1) Pick up from Chiang Mai bus, railway station or airport.
2) Upon arriving at Mae Kampong, you’ll be greeted to a welcome ceremony by the village elders. Participate in the auspicious event by introducing yourselves and get to know the locals.
3) Start your trek to the Mae Kampong waterfall or the Doi Mon Lan for a breathtaking view of the area. (Trekking distance and difficulty should be carefully considered, please consult your local guide for advice).
4) Head back after your long trek and relax your body and soul with a Thai massage session. Select from herbal treatments to a full body oil massage.
5) Tour the village before settling into your cosy homestay for a home cooked feast prepared by your host family. The perfect sunset is a great moment to reflect on your day.
1) Start your morning to the beautiful sight of locals giving alms to monks (as part of Buddhist beliefs to give and share).
2) Head out for another day of exploring with your local guide. Take pictures with the little wooden village houses and locals before visiting the plantations where coffee beans and tea leaves are grown.
3) Take part in a workshop where you’ll learn how to make a traditional tasty snack called Miang while learning about the new hydro-energy project, built to improve the lives of the locals.
Feel free to exchange contacts and send in photographs and postcards of your trip here. Feedback on your stay will be greatly appreciated, so do let the wonderful staff who run the community tourism programme here know all about your stay. Be sure to take back a local souvenir that’ll always remind you of your trip!
*Other Prices: 1 pax: ฿14422 // 5-8 pax: ฿4275// 9-18 pax: ฿4357
*Transfer not included:
- Van for 10 pax: ฿6000
- Transfer Meeting Point: Chiang Rai’s points of interest (bus station, airport, city center)
-Four meals and beverages
- Homestay accommodation with local host family (5 per room)
- Basic activities
- Local Guidebook
- Accidental insurance coverage
- Local community guide (English-speaking)
- Lanna Cultural Performance (USD$65 per show)
- Pick-up and drop-off from major Chiang Mai points of interests (refer to pricelist)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Re-doing certain activities
*These are suggested activities within the community. The guideline itinerary can be changed or switched due to weather, access, local events, guest’s health conditions and time management. Substitute indoor activities will be provided if the main outdoor activities cannot be conducted.